Stuart Bell – Director / Lawyer
- Acted in the development and sale of a number of unique sub-leasehold land and built form developments on Hamilton Island
- Acted for an unlisted public company developer acquiring a number of major shopping centres and sites throughout the State, and managing the subsequent rollout of development and re-tenanting of those centres
- Acted in the sale of a series of major multi-jurisdictional fishing licences and related equipment
- Acted for a buyer of a major regional tourist destination comprising a complex hybrid common ownership system, marina development, advising on and drafting alternative structures to enable progression of the development and to broker a resolution of existing deadlocks between landowners, liquidators, secured and unsecured creditors, and local and State government authorities.
- Drafted complex marina sub-leases of state leasehold land and leases of submerged freehold land;
- Acted in a series of major regional hotel and freehold transactions involving complex options, debt and equity funding arrangements.
- Acted for many developers of properties in Whitsunday ranging from simple land developments to multi-staged, layered and mixed-use developments
- Acted for commercial property developers in the negotiation and settling of statutory land acquisition claims.
I am also a director of a large regional civil electrical infrastructure company that provides civil and civil electrical services to developers of subdivisions throughout regional Queensland.
I am a member of the Airlie Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Urban Development Institute of Australia (Qld), and was heavily involved in the establishment of the region’s first and only disability accommodation facility, now operated by the Endeavour Foundation. I also currently serve as a director on the board of Whitsunday Sportspark Ltd.
The foundations of PD Law are based on property development, and it’s something I’ve dedicated my entire career to. My clients and their advisors benefit from the practical experience I’ve gained in over 20 years’ in this industry, my knowledge of the market, the position of local and State authorities, timing and likely outcomes.