About usOur Principles - Our Mission - Our Story
In-depth knowledge of the law is the starting point. Project management, process mapping, and a clear purpose drive a lean, authentic service that is beyond only legal knowledge.
Our mission is to be an effective partner for our clients, over time and in the multiple areas of their lives.
To do this, we:
- Evolve – in our structure, strategies, services, and systems to ensure we understand the modern world and business environment and deliver services effectively;
- Foster a performance culture – by enabling our people to focus on the area/s they are passionate about, encouraging initiative, innovation, professional and personal growth.
- A collaborative approach – we as individuals don’t have all the answers. We work with our clients, our team and, if needed, external advisors.
- Respect and concern for well-being – of our clients, and of our people.
- Creativity and innovation – enable us to evolve and find better ways to deliver our service.
- Recognise and seize opportunities – for our clients; for ourselves.
- Walk the talk – we utilise smart, innovative and responsible business practices.
- Continuous learning – crucial to stimulating ideas and engagement, is an attitude and a way of thinking.
PD Law began as our opportunity for change, and a chance to build a strong culture, and a vibrant, exciting opportunity for growth for everyone in our team, our clients and community. We decided it was within our power to make our business fit, complement and boost our team’s future and lifestyle, and provide a service clients actually needed as opposed to what lawyers traditionally believed should be provided.
When we incorporated PD Law we probably knew then more than we realised about what we wanted to build, and how we wanted PD Law to look and feel. From the outset we made conscious decisions to do things to further our plan, such as buying a disused 25-year-old unit on the beach instead of the conventional wisdom of setting up shop in a strip mall next to lawyers, accountants, banks and real estate agents.
In 2012 we were a small team of 5 in an office about 3 times as big as our needs. We didn’t have the capital to fit it out but we were creative. We went hard at it, working flat out building our client base, satisfying those clients, establishing our direction, our team, our culture and ground up service differentiation. In addition to doing work to pay the bills, we invested heavily in ourselves to learn how to create a business that did more than provide traditional legal services – we wanted to offer a service our clients actually needed, rather than what they were traditionally used to.
Fast forward to 2018, our team has almost quadrupled in size, and we’ve taken up every bit of available space.
We are making our business operate, grow, and perform how we want it to, by keeping our clients, and our team, front and centre. With considered decisions and positive (though sometimes infinitesimal and intolerably slow) steps. But it is happening.
PD Law continues to be an opportunity for change.